This Avocado Toast recipe is buttery and spicy, the perfect way to start the day.
There are no end of options on how to make avocado toast. For me the key is mix the buttery texture of the avocado with at least one citric element and some heat. In this recipe those roles are played by fresh lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
- 1 small avocado
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 slice of thick country bread
1. Smash the avocado with a fork in a bowl with the lemon juice until it’s spreadable but still slightly chunky.
2. Toast the bread.
3. Spread the avocado on the bread and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Enjoy!