Rissoles are a simple dinner that is easy to throw together with little notice. This helps to make them one of Australia’s most popular meals. They are similar in some ways to hamburger patties, but are more seasoned and include breadcrumbs. They are also typically smaller and fatter than a patty. They can be served with a salad, veggies or mashed potatoe or just tomatoe sauce.
You can customize the ingredients to use alternative meats, or any herbs or sauces you have on hand. To get the rissoles to hold together, work the ingredients with your hands until the mixture is sticky.
- 500 grams, or 1 pound, minced beef
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon tomatoe sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Prepare the ingredients by chopping the onion into small pieces, grating the carrot and beating the egg.
2. Place all the ingredients into a large bowl and work together with your hands until mixed thoroughly and sticky in texture.
3. Mold the mixture into small patties.
4. Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add patties and cook til browned, around 3-4 minutes. Then flip and cook other side.
5. Serve and enjoy!