In this recipe the beets combine beautifully with the goat cheese to make a simple and delicious salad. The smoothness of the cheese is complemented by the tartness of the cranberries and a balsamic vinegar. Walnuts give the salad the perfect crunch to finish the salad off.
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 cooked and peeled beetroot, or a tin of sliced beets
- 1/4 cup of goat cheese
- 2 cups of baby arugula lettuce
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- 1 handful of cranberries
FOR THE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 clove garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Begin by preparing the vinaigrette. Chop the garlic into small pieces and then mix it with all vinaigrette ingredients. Make sure they are thoroughly combined.
2. On a plate, or in a large bowl, layout the baby arugula. Cut the beetroot into small pieces and sprinkle across the lettuce. Cut the goats cheese into medium chunks and spread across the salad. Add the nuts and cranberries.
3. Drizzle the vinaigrette across the salad to your preference. Enjoy!