Honey Joys are to Corn Flakes what Chocolate Crackles are to Rice Bubbles. A delicious and simple spinoff from our favourite breakfast cereals.
As with Chocolate Crackles, Honey Joys have been popularized by Kellogg’s marketing the recipe on Corn Flakes boxes.
Choosing a quality honey will result in a better tasting Honey Joy.
- 4 cups of Corn Flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1.3 cups of sugar
- 90 grams, or 3.2 ounces, of butter
1. Preheat the oven to 150 C, or 300 F.
2. Melt the butter, sugar and honey and mix together in a saucepan until the mix is frothy.
3. In a bowl, pour the mixture over the Corn Flakes and mix together.
4. Spoon the mixture into patty cases. Work quickly to avoid the sugar mix from setting while you are working.
5. Bake in an oven for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and cool. Then serve and enjoy!