Jelly Slices take a bit of time to assemble but are worth it for the delicious end result. Slices are one of the most popular styles of Australian sweets, with Jelly Slices, Caramel Slices and Peppermint Slices often available at bakeries.
This slice is easy to modify and you can use different colours of jelly, or even layer different jelly layers such as green and red, to make it more festive.Print
250 grams plain sweet biscuits such as Marie
175 grams butter, melted
395 gram can of sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup boiling water
3 teaspoons gelatine powder
1 packet strawberry jelly
1. Fully line the tin, making sure that there is paper hanging over the top so you can pull the slices out.
2. Crush the biscuits into small crumbs using a blender or food processor.
3. Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter until combined. Spread the mixture across the base of the tin and push down with fingers or using the back of a spoon to make sure its tight.
4. Chill the base mix in the fridge until its set, around 30 minutes.
5. Add 2 teaspoons of gelatine to the boiling water and stir until its absorbed.
6. Pour the condensed milk and lemon juice into a bowl. Add the gelatine mixture and stir until combined.
7. Pour the lemon mixture over the biscuit base and refrigerate until set, about an hour.
8. Prepare the jelly according to the packet instructions, adding an extra teaspoon of gelatine to make it easier to set. Let it sit until it reaches room temperature.
9. Pour the jelly mix over the lemon layer and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
10. Carefully remove slices from the tin. Slice, serve and enjoy!