Along with their meatier cousin sausage rolls, spinach and feta rolls are a staple that can be found at bakeries and cafes across Australia.
These spinach and feta rolls can be a delicious snack, a fun party food or can be eaten as a healthy and filling main meal. To make a full size roll simply place in the oven without cutting into smaller pieces.Print
200 grams, or 7 ounces, crumbled feta cheese
200 grams, or 7 ounces, cooked spinach
1/2 cup of panko or breadcrumbs
1 egg, beaten
1 small yellow onion
1 clove garlic
2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200 C, or 400 F.
2. Cook the spinach, and push out any excess water using a spatula or spoon.
3. Chop the onion and garlic into small pieces.
4. Mix together the spinach, feta, onion, garlic, panko or bread crumbs until the mix has a slightly wet consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Roll out a puff pastry sheet until it is thin enough to wrap around the mixture but not too thin to break. Spoon the spinach and feta mixture into the middle of the sheet, and roll the sides around so it is the shape of a sausage. Press the pastry together to seal it closed. Cut the roll into 4 pieces. Repeat with the second pastry sheet.
6. Brush the top of each roll with the beaten egg, and then place on a baking sheet in the oven. Cook for around 20 minutes or until the top is golden.
Keywords: Spinach Feta Rolls