Is it really Christmas without White Christmas? True, it’s very unlikely to snow in Australia In the middle of summer. But with delicious white chocolate treats does anyone really care?
White Christmas is similar to our Chocolate Crackle recipe. This recipe replaces Copha and cocoa with white chocolate to give it a much richer texture. It’s so rich in fact that you can satisfy you sweet tooth with just a few bites.
The dessert is traditionally served with sultanas, desiccated coconut and glaced cherries. You can use both green and red cherries to give the treats an extra Christmassy colour pop. The recipe is also easily customized if you like to add nuts or other dried fruits.
Rice Bubbles are known as Rice Krispies in the U.S.
- 500 grams white chocolate, chopped in baking chips
- 1 cup glace cherries
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Bubbles
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Grease and line a tin that is around 20 cm squared, or a rectangular or circular equivalent.
2. Melt the white chocolate using the double boiler method or a microwave.
3. While the chocolate is melting, combine the Rice Bubbles, sultanas, desiccated coconut and glaced cherries in a large bowl. Stir them through so that they are well combined.
4. When the white chocolate is ready, take it off the heat, add the vanilla essence and mix it through. Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix it through using a spoon or a spatula so that the chocolate is coating all of the dry ingredients.
5. Pour the mixture into the tin and press it down with your fingers so that it is evenly distributed across the tin. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours until it is set, and store it in the fridge.
6. When ready to eat, cut it into small pieces, serve and enjoy!